Chapter 2 : How It Began
"Hi..." I began.
"Er... Hi?" she replied, feeling awkward at the sudden randomness of my words.
I had barely begun our conversation when a China-looking policeman walked up to me and said, "You broke law, come..." as he held my hand with a firm grip and walked toward his car.
Evelyn was shocked to see me being dragged away by a policeman. I was cursing the policeman under my breath... just when I made my first move... sigh. I mounted his car and we were on our way to the police station.
#out of scene comment : ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL#
My parents were called down to the police station and they discussed about me unknowingly ramming into a signboard as I flew off my bike. This was dumb. I don't understand why I had to be detained for this.
#Yea, this is dumb! k3k3.#
I was finally allowed to go home. On my way home in my parents' car, my parents were cursing the policeman too... Hey what can I say? Like son like parents, huh? About how dumb he was to arrest me for accidentally smashing into a signboard... whats more was that I was already hurt. By the time I reached home, I was really tired. I collapsed into bed and drifted away to my wonderland.
In my dream, Evelyn was all grown-up in her 20s and she was in a bride's gown. She was looking into my eyes with her elegant smile. I held her hands and gazed into her eyes. Pity the dream was not a reality... yet.
"Get up! Punkass!", Robert shouted as he jumped on my bed like a fag.
"Get off!" I hissed. He quickly got off my bed sensing my anger. I wanted to go to Evelyn's house today and tell her about what happened, but after thinking it through again, I'd better not. I'd probably just embarrass myself infront of her with my dumb smile again. Today, we had an omelette and fried bacon for breakfast, topped with fries covered with chilli powder and a sausage filled with cheese.
I sat at the door step and gazed at the houses across my street, I've never noticed it but this place was really peaceful. I was beginning to enjoy the quietness of nature as the breeze blew against my face... and just as I thought today was a good day... I heard Raj's bicycle bell ringing at me and disturbing the peace of the neighbourhood as he cycled up to me. "Damn it," I cursed. Raj, was as usual being annoying... I already had enough irritation from Robert but here comes the other nuisance. Maybe everyone whose name starts with 'R' is an ass.
When school reopened, I met Evelyn on the train ride to school. I was more brave this time and asked her where she went... she said she went overseas. Figured... She started asking about my arm and what happened at the police station. I began to talk more easily with Evelyn... well... at least about how much of a dumb boob the policeman was...
When we reached school we seperated and headed to our different classrooms. Everyone was laughing at me as I stepped into class. One of my classmates shouted, "Hey, it's Jeffrey the sign destroyer!". News spread fast in my school. I saw a bunch of classmates crowding around Raj's table. "Damn you, Raj!", I shouted as I stomped toward his seat. I raised my clenched fist and immediately the class quietened down and everyone got back to their seats. Did I mention that I had a reputation in school for being the one that packs the most punch? And that Raj is the one that spreads the news around school the first thing school reopens? He's the one with all the stories and others' secrets and embarrassments... One day... I'm going to expose his secrets and spread rumours about him...